国开电大开放英语4阶段性综合评测2(Unit 30)答案

Open

阶段性综合评测2(Unit 30)答案.doc

下载:4542 次
【上面答案为下列试题答案,请核对试题后再购买】www.botiku.com零号电大
题目顺序是随机的,使用查找功能(Ctrl+F)进行搜索
"题目: --I’ll be away on a business trip. Would you mind looking after my cat?
--Not at all. ______.
: I’ve no time.
; I’d like it.
;  I’d rather not.
;  I’d be happy to."
"题目: --Waiter!
--_____.
--I can’t eat this. It’s too salty.
: Yes, Sir?
; What?
; Pardon?
; All right?"
"题目:--Could I borrow your CD of English songs?
--__________________.
: Thank you very much.
; It’s very kind of you.
;  No, I am not available.
; I’m sorry. It’s not at hand now."
"题目:--Do you know who telephoned me?
--__________________.
: Yes, I remember it now.
; No, I didn’t phone you.
; I heard it was Sally.
; Yes, I know you well."
"题目:--Excuse me, can you tell me where the nearest bus stop is?
--I'm sorry, I have no idea. I ___________.
: just come
; don't know
; am a stranger here
; am new"
"题目:--Excuse me, how far is the airport from here?
--__________________.
: You can take a taxi.
;  It’s only six hundred dollars.
; It’s about thirty miles.
; I’ll fly to Sydney."
"题目:--Excuse me, when is the next flight from London due to arrive?
  --__________________.
: Until the next one.
; In half an hour.
; An hour before.
; Before another one."
"题目:--Hello, Sally. How’s everything?
--__________________.
: That’s right.
; Oh, I agree.
; Good for you.
; Just so-so."
"题目:--I haven’t seen Billy for 10 years.
--__________________.
: Neither have I.
; So have I.
; Haven’t I.
; Either have I. "
"题目:--I’m glad you like it. Please drop in any time you like.
--__________________.
: Yes, I will.
; That’s great.
; I’m afraid I won’t be free.
; Is it all right?"
"题目:--I’m sorry. Bob’s not in his office.
--__________________.
: Would you like to leave a message?
; Can you take a message for me?
; Are you sure for that?
;  Can you phone me?"
"题目:--I’ve got two tickets for the match. Shall we go and watch it together?
--__________________.
: Why not? Let’s go.
; The match must be exciting.
; The place is too far away.
;  The tickets must be expensive."
"题目:--What would you like, tea or coffee?
--__________________.
: Yes, please.
; Yes, I would.
; It’ very nice.
; Coffee, please."
"题目:--Will you go on a picnic with us tomorrow?
--__________________.
: Yes, but I’ll have English classes.
; Sorry, I have an appointment with Dr. Brown.
; I’m afraid I have no idea.
; I won’t. It’s kind of you."
"题目:--You’ve given us a wonderful Chinese dinner, Mrs. Wang.
--__________________.
: It’s not necessary for you to say so.
; Oh, I don’t think I cooked very well.
; Come again when you are free.
; I’m glad you enjoyed it."
"题目: Professor Smith promised to look ________ my paper, that is, to read it carefully before the defence.
: over
; after
; on
; into"
"题目:_______ her and then try to copy what she does.
: Watch
; Stare at
; See
; Mind "
"题目:________ of the rooms has its own computer.
: Every
; All
; Whole
; Each"
"题目:50% of the people _________________ for the survey were female.
: who were questioned
; who questioned
; question
; were questioned"
"题目:Could you tell me ____________________________?
: how I can get to the post office
; how have I got to the post office
; how can I get to the post office
; how I have got to the post office"
"题目:Every one of us hoped that he would _____ after a few days’ treatment in the hospital.
: pick up
; make up
; look up
; take up"
"题目:I never ____ to bed so late.
: used going
; got used to go
;  used to going
; got used to going"
"题目:I remember when I was a child, I was very ________ with how many toys she had.
: repressed
; pressed
; impressed
; oppressed"
"题目:If you two are going to share a room,you’d better learn how to_____.
: get over
; get up
; get along
; get out"
"题目:It is always raining hard.I’m afraid we have to ____the trip.
: put out
; put on
; put off
; put away"
"题目:Just over 70% of people ______________ for the survey said the net had become essential.
: to question
; questioned
; questioning
; question"
"题目:Many _____ shops will be forced to close if the new supermarket is built.
: local
; general
; public
; broad"
"题目:My car ___ .
: needs washing
; needs to wash
; needs being washed
; needs wash"
"题目:Our food soon ran ____.
: up
; out
; away
; over"
"题目:Please go over to your PC and ____.
: boot up it
; boot up
; boot it up
; boot"
"题目:Please prepare the medicine for me according to this                .
: prescription
; inscription
; description
; subscription "
"题目:She ___________ her boredom at home by learning how to use the Internet.
: relieved
; regarded
; relaxed
; retained"
"题目:She’s part of a team of scientists who are _________ upon cancer research.
: worked
; engaged
; involved
; arranged"
"题目:Stocks are regarded as a good long-term ______________.
: involvement
; investment
;  installment
; instrument"
"题目:The ___________ doesn’t cover household items.
: insult
; instance
;  insurance
; intelligence"
"题目:The football match was called __ because of the snow.
: up
;  off
; in
; for"
"题目:There are many cities __________________ very fast.
: which expanding
; to expand
;  expand
; which expand"
"题目:There are often advertisements _________________ to other websites on the Internet.
: led
; leading
; to lead
; lead"
"题目:There have been many _________ in their marriage but they still love each other.
: ups and downs
; right and wrong
; right and left
; back and forth "
"题目:There's a lot of public _________ about dangerous toxins recently found in food.
: conflict
; conduct
; concern
; concept"
"题目:This fire extinguisher is to be used only in case of ______________.
: immediacy
;  emergency
; urgency
; crisis"
"题目:Tourism has ______________ agriculture as the nation’s main industry.
: replaced
; redirected
; reckoned
; recalled"
"题目:We’ve missed the last bus. I’m afraid we have no ____ but to take a taxi.
: way
; selection
; choice
; possibility"
"题目:What’s the ___ difference between the two parties?
: necessary
; dominant
; essential
; great"
"题目:Would you mind _______________ us how old you are?
: to tell
; to telling
; telling
;  tell"
"题目:E-TIQUETTE!
Emails - do you love them or hate them? Whatever you feel, they are here to stay. Here are some tips and ideas (1){A; B; C; D}improving your email writing.
First, starting with a greeting and ending with a closure may seem old-fashioned, but it avoids (2){A; B; C; D}people by appearing rude. It needn’t be _Dear Sir or Madam_, and _Yours faithfully_, but just say _Hi_ or _Hello_ or _Dear (and a first name)_, then close (3){A; B; C; D} _Regards _(for more formal contacts) and _Cheers _or_ Bye_ for friends. In offices and with people you know well and email frequently, you can just begin (4){A; B; C; D}  their first name.
Getting emails that are not directly relevant (5){A; B; C; D}you is very irritating. Having wide mailing group lists doesn’t necessarily keep people (6){A; B; C; D} . It is estimated (7){A; B; C; D} 40% of all emails are deleted immediately because they have an irrelevant or frivolous subject-line. Try to organise your mailing groups accurately and keep (8){A; B; C; D}your mailing lists regularly. If you don’t do this, your messages may not (9){A; B; C; D}  to the people you want to send them to because they delete them automatically without reading them. If your contact (10){A; B; C; D} irrelevant emails from you, they may also delete any relevant ones automatically…
1     A. to  B. for  C.with   D. at
2.    A. upset    B. to upset   C. upsetted    D. upsetting
3.    A. with    B. for    C. to     D. -
4.    A. for   B. to     C. with      D. –
5.    A. with     B. to      C. for       D. on
6.    A. informed   B. to inform    C. informing    D. to be informed
7.    A. which    B. what   C. that     D. why
8.    A. to update     B. updating      C. updated     D. to be updating
9.    A. get by     B. get over     C. get through      D. get out
10.   A. is used to deleting                   B. used to deleting
       C. get used to delete                      D. used to delete"
"题目:GENETIC ENGINEERING
Many people are unaware (1){A; B; C; D} a lot of the foods they eat every day, (2){A; B; C; D}bread, ham and cheese, have been altered by using new technology. Food can be changed. It can be made to taste (3){A; B; C; D}or to look different – carrots can be made to taste of chocolate and apples can be made redder.  Some food that appears the same has been (4){A; B; C; D} improved, for example, fish can be made to grow faster.  Should we be pleased or worried? Will new technology bring benefits, or is it about to go (5){A; B; C; D} control?
Genetically engineered foods are produced by taking genetic material from one species and transferring it (6){A; B; C; D}another.  For example, an ‘antifreeze’ gene which appears naturally in Arctic fish has been introduced into tomatoes and strawberries (7){A; B; C; D}  they don’t freeze in cold weather; a human gene has been introduced into pigs to make them (8){A; B; C; D} more quickly.
Some claim great advantages. They point out that crops can be made stronger and more disease resistant, (9){A; B; C; D}  pesticides can be reduced. They also maintain that food can be made more nutritious or that the fat content can (10){A; B; C; D} to make it healthier.
1. A. that               B. what                 C. for                    D. of
2. A. such that        B. such as              C. so that               D. so as
3. A. difference      B. differently         C. different            D. differing
4. A. scientifically  B. science              C. scientific           D. scientifical
5. A. under            B. into                  C. out                   D. out of
6. A. for                B. to                            C. out                   D. into
7. A. such that        B. in order to         C. so that               D. so as to
8. A. grow             B. to grow             C. growing            D. grown
9. A. because         B. cause                C. result                D. so
10. A. be reducing  B. be reduced         C. reduced             D. reducing"
"题目:Scientists are working hard to develop better aerials for mobile phones, a spokesman for Phikia Phones said today. ‘It really (1){A; B; C; D} users when they lose the signal in the middle of a call, so we are developing new aerials that will enable users (2) {A; B; C; D} stronger signals. Many users reported that when they (3) {A; B; C; D} , the signal was often lost’, said the spokesman. The new aerals are designed to avoid (4){A; B; C; D}  the signal by receiving the message on a wider range of radio frequencies. ‘We (5)  {A; B; C; D} that this is a major concern for phone users’ said the spokesman. The new phones have a flexible external aerial, which users will have (6)  {A; B; C; D} touching their ear or head. The aerials (7) {A; B; C; D} make the phones able to pick up a wider range of signals. The company spokesman insisted (8){A; B; C; D}this was not a potential danger – “(9){A; B; C; D} safety regulation has been followed”, he told our reporter. “If (10) {A; B; C; D} one of these phones this morning, I wouldn’t have missed my train coming here”, joked the spokesman.
1.  A. irritates         B. is irritating         C. irritated         D. irritate
2.  A. receive         B. received           C. to receive        D. receiving
3.  A. are travelling     B. were travelling     C. travel        D. was traveling
4.  A. losing           B. lose              C. lost            D. to lose
5.  A. learnt          B. had learnt        C. have learnt      D. are learning
6.  A. used to         B. to used to        C. get used to       D. to get used to
7.  A. to               B. --              C. are            D. will
8.  A. on               B. to              C. what          D. that
9.  A. --               B. All             C. Every          D. Any
10.  A. I had            B. I’d had          C. I’d have        D. have"
"题目:Blocks of “high-rise” flats have been built in large numbers in London and in many other big cities. Just after the Second World War these big, twenty-to-thirty storey buildings, hundreds of feet in height, were thought to be the ideal solution to the housing problem. For on the one hand, there was severe housing shortage, but on the other hand, there was lack of space to build houses in urban areas. Blocks of “high-rise” flats seemed, at first, to be able to solve the problem, since they can offer space for more families to live in on less land. The beautiful, modern apartments in the high–rises were much sought after by people who lived downtown. Hundreds of the vast blocks had been built before anyone began to doubt about whether they were good solutions or not. Are they suitable places for people, children especially, to live in? A well-known British architect, who personally designed many of these buildings, now believes that the high-rises may well make those people who have been housed in them suffer a great deal. Evidence has been collected by social workers, which suggests that people do suffer. They complain about severe loneliness and deep depression living within these great towers. People also talk about lack of communication with others, no easy access to a playground for children, no chances for adults to get familiarized with each other. Many people say that they have lived next door to each other for years in the same building, but they never know who their neighbors are. Some experts say that a large number of people living in the high-rises suffer from mental disorder and have even developed criminal tendencies. As a result of these new discoveries, plans for new high-rise blocks are being reconsidered. We are now building up many high-rises in big cities such as Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. Perhaps we should also reconsider the idea too.
题目:
1. There was a big housing problem after the Second World War {A; B; C; D}.
A. in London
B. in the rural areas
C. in many big cities
D. in many countries
2. Blocks of “high-rise” flats were thought to be the ideal solution to the housing problem, because {A; B; C; D}.
A. there was severe house shortage in big cities
B. there was less and less land to build houses in big cities
C. they were modern and beautiful and much sought after by city people
D. they were built on less land and were able to house a lot more people
3. The sentence “Hundreds of the vast blocks had been built before anyone began to doubt about whether they were good solutions or not.” means {A; B; C; D}.
A. it was not until hundreds of the vast blocks had been built, people began to doubt about whether they were good solutions or not
B. hundreds of the vast blocks had not been built until anyone began to doubt about whether they were good solutions or not
C. people began to doubt about whether they were good solutions or not before hundreds of the vast blocks had been built
D. before hundreds of the vast blocks had been built, some people began to doubt about whether they were good solutions or not
4. The author takes a well-known British architect as an example to show us that {A; B; C; D}.
A. he is very proud of his designing of many of the high-rises
B. even a well-known designer of the high-rises believes they are no good     for people
C. even a well-known designer of the high-rises suffers personally
D. high-rises are well-designed, modern buildings which meet people’s needs
5. What is the greatest danger for people living in a high-rise according to some experts?{A; B; C; D}
A. Lack of communication with others.
B. No easy access to a playground for children.
C. Developing criminal tendencies.
D. Not knowing the neighbors."
"题目:IS IT FAREWELL TO THE PAPERBACK?
When Steven King published his book _Riding the Bullet_, around two million people downloaded it from the Internet within hours. It was the first time that an electronic book had done big business, and it was a wake-up call for the publishing industry.
An electronic book, or e-book, is simply a version of a book that allows you to store and display it digitally. There are already thousands of classic and best-selling titles available on websites such as ebooks.com.
E-book technology allows you to carry around a whole library in a small unit. You can also highlight a word to bring up its definition or increase the font size if you have had bad eyesight. In fact, e-book readers are being developed for people who are visually impaired or dyslexic.
Another advantage is that it let you buy books in segments and carry them around easily, which should appeal to students. In fact, the University of South Dakota is planning to give hand-held devices to all its students to help them in their study.
However, for all this, the current e-book readers are unlikely to make it big. A recent report predicted sales of just 1.9 million in the next 5 years. And the reason? E-books are more difficult to read and they are just not as attractive as the printed word.
题目:
1. Which statement about _Riding the Bullet_ from the passage is NOT TRUE?{A; B; C; D}
A. It was published by Steven King.
B. Less than two million people downloaded it from the Internet within hours.
C. It was the first time that an electronic book had done big business.
D. It was a wake-up call for the publishing industry.
2. The word “appeal to ” in Para. 4 probably means“{A; B; C; D}”.
A. to make a request
B. to be attractive to
C. to be interested in
D. to take a question to a higher court
3. Which of the following statements is NOT the advantage of E- books?{A; B; C; D}
A. They can be stored and displayed digitally.
B. You can highlight a word to bring up its definition.
C. They are more difficult to read.
D. You can buy books in segments.
4. By saying "However, for all this, the current e-book readers are unlikely to make it big", the author implies {A; B; C; D}.
A. e-book readers will not be made in a big way
B. e-books will bring about great changes
C. e-book readers will be made bigger and larger
D. e-books will not succeed in the near future
5. From this passage we can learn that{A; B; C; D}.
A. e-books are better than ordinary books because the letters are clear
B. e-books are not good for people who find reading difficult
C. e-books allow you to store a library in a small unit
D. sales of e-books are expected to increase rapidly in the future"
"题目:Mobile Phones Save Lives
    Mobile phones have changed many people’s lives. Here are two people who tell their terrifying stories.
Paul
    I was traveling alone in Western Australia last year, and one day I set off to climb a high peak in that area. Although in the summer there are many tourists, I was there out of season so there weren’t any tour groups. Soon after I reached the top, it began to drizzle and the fog came down. Very soon, it was so thick that I couldn’t even make out the path. I take my phone with me everywhere because you never know when you will need it. Eventually I called my dad, who was 9,000 miles away in the UK. He told me to phone the local emergency services, but I felt so stupid that I didn’t want to. Luckily, my dad realized this and made up his mind to call them himself. The rescuers called me on my mobile to find out exactly where I was, but unfortunately the battery ran out after five seconds. I lay down under a rock and waited-it was nearly night-time and I was cold and wet. Just as they were about to call off the search for the night, they found me. Fortunately one rescuer had said “Let’s try for just five more minutes.” If they had given up, I would have died.
Dave
    In march 1998 I was working as a journalist in the Kosovan war. A cameraman and I had heard that in one village there was fighting, so we decided to go to investigate. We climbed up the hillside although we were in danger there from snipers. We knew that if we didn’t get close enough to the village, we wouldn’t get the best pictures. In fact, we got some brilliant photos, but then it was so dangerous that we decided to turn back. We were running along a path on the side of the hill when we were fired at—I felt something hit me but there was no pain. When we finally reached our base I thought I had better ring my wife and let her know I was okay. I reached for my mobile phone and found that a bullet had gone through my wallet and embedded itself in the phone. I was so happy that I cried. If I hadn’t had my mobile phone, the shot would have killed me.
题目:
1.Even though Kosovo was full of danger, Dave still went to investigate because he is a{A; B; C; D}.
A. doctor            
B. sniper              
C. journalist         
D. cameraman
2. Where is the bullet in Dave’s story?{A; B; C; D}.
A. In Dave’s leg
B. In Dave’s phone
C. In the gun        
D. In the village
3. According to Paul’s story, which of the following statements is ture? {A; B; C; D}.
A. The rescuers didn’t find Paul in the end
B. Paul traveled with his father in Western Australia last year
C. Paul called the local emergency services for help
D. Paul’s mobile battery ran out on the hill
4. According to the passage, Paul and Dave {A; B; C; D}.
A. are both saved by their phones               
B. are both from the UK            
C. do the same job               
D. have the same experience of using mobile phones
5. The author’s purpose of writing this passage is to{A; B; C; D}.
A. show mobile phones can provide convenience for our daily life
B. tell us two persons’ terrifying stories
C. let us know a mobile phone is not only a means of communication, but also a tool for saving lives.
D. prove mobile phones are our best friends in daily life"
"题目:NET BECOMES A BRITISH WAY OF LIFE
    The Internet has become a part of everyday life for most Britons, says a report published this week by market research company Netinfo.
    Just over 70% of people questioned for the survey said the net had become essential. The survey reveals that emailing friends and others is the nation’s favourite Internet activity. It also found that people spend an average of seven hours a week online, visiting 13 different websites in seven days. But 10% of all those who surf the net are doing it for more than 20 hours a week.
    Just over 2,000 adults in Britain were interviewed for the report. The study found almost 19 million people in the UK – four in ten adults – regularly went online. But the number of new users has slowed down. Numbers online grew by just 11% over the past 12 months compared with 33% the previous year.
    The report also reveals the increasing importance of the silver surfer. According to the report the number of older people online grew by more than 40% over the past year. People aged over 55 now make up 17% of the UK Internet population.
    The survey also discovered that many workers surf the net for personal reasons while at work. Almost three-quarters of workers with Internet access admitted using it for pleasure, usually to email friends and family. According to Bill Wills, author of the survey, many employees expect some flexibility, and most employers are willing to accept this. “However, employers are less likely to be understanding, if you’re downloading movies or introducing an unfriendly virus to your company network,” he said.
题目:
1. Around {A; B; C; D}people questioned for the survey think that the Internet has become essential.
A.   over 10%
B.   over 70%
C.  2,000
D.  19 million
2. In the survey,{A; B; C; D}of the adults regularly went online in the UK.
A. 1/4
B. 1/5
C. 2/5
D. 3/5
3. According to the passage,which of the following is Not True?{A; B; C; D}.
A. There are many older people online
B. The number of older people online increased by 40% over the past year
C. The number of new users and older people has increased
D. Only 25% adults often went online in Britain
4. What does the last paragraph mainly talk about?{A; B; C; D}.
A. The survey discovered that many workers surf the net for personal reasons during their working time
B. The survey discovered that many workers surf the net for working reasons during their working time
C. Most workers used the Internet for pleasure
D. All employers can accept their workers surf the net during the working time
5. From the survey,we can infer that {A; B; C; D}.
A. the Internet has changed many Britons’ life
B. the importance of the silver surfer is decreasing
C. the employees in Britain are expected to devote all their work time to the company
D. most people in Britain surf the net more than 20 hours a week"
"题目:Subject: Reorganisation
Date: 12.11.2005
To: Brett
Cc:
Dear Brett,
Welcome back to St. Swithen’s. I look forward to hearing about your adventures in the US.
    I’m writing because there have been a lot of changes since you went away, and you need to know about them before you can start work.
    The main change is that we have had a new computer system installed. You will need to be trained in using the system before you can see any patients! I’ve arranged for you to have a training session at 10 o’clock on Monday with our IT consultant, Gerry. He’s a really nice guy.
    It’s especially important that you can use the patient records system. We’ve had a few teething problems, and it seems complicated at first; but when you get used to it, you’ll find it really helpful. For example, it’s much quicker than the old system. Remember you used to wait ages before the information came up on the screen? Well, now it’s very quick.
    You will also need to be familiar with the appointment booking system, so you can see who your next patient is. The new program makes it impossible to double-book a patient, so we shouldn’t get as many complaints as we used to.
    As well as the computer system, we’ve also installed a new electronic security door. You will need a special card from reception and it will need replacing every two months. I’m afraid we made Bill redundant. It’s a shame; I used to enjoy talking to him every morning.
    Well, I hope you like the improvements. Most people find that it makes their work easier and faster. There is one downside though; the atmosphere has become less personal. I used to talk to everyone a lot, but now we communicate by email most of the time. I even email people who work in the same room as me!
    Well, see you on Monday, Brett. Nice to have you back.
    Best wishes,
    Simon
题目:
1.Brett has just come back from {A; B; C; D}.
A. Europe
B. England
C. America
D. China
2.Brett will {A; B; C; D}on Monday morning.
A. see his next patient
B. have a training session
C. get a special card form the reception
D. talk to Bill in the morning
3.The main change that has happened since Brett went away is that {A; B; C; D}.
A. the company has had a new computer system installed
B. the company has installed a new electronic security door
C. the company has imported many new computers
D. the company has dismissed many old staff
4.The new patient records system is better than the old one because  {A; B; C; D}.
A. it’s much quicker than the old one
B. you should wait for ages before the information came up on the screen
C. you need not to be familiar with the appointment booking system
D. people need not talk to each other face to face any more
5.The main disadvantage of the new computer system is that {A; B; C; D}.
A. you need to be very familiar with the booking system
B. the card from the reception will need replacing every months
C. it’s impossible to double-book a patient
D. the atmosphere has become less personal"
"题目:Why do many people choose to work at home? There are many advantages and disadvantages that must be considered before making such a decision. In this essay we look at a few of them.
On the one hand, you may save money on fares and eating out because you are working at home. There are fewer interruptions in your day as there is nobody to chat to. Equally, you can organize your time better in order to suit the needs of your family. You are at home if there is a family emergency that needs dealing with.
However, you may feel isolated and find it difficult to work well without the stimulus of colleagues’ thoughts and opinions. While you may save money on fares and eating out, you may spend more on gas and electricity at home. As well as this, you may need to invest in computers and communications equipment. In addition, it can be difficult to make a distinction between work and home life, and you may find yourself working 18 hours a day at a lower rate rather than 8 hours more intensely.
In conclusion, working at home does not suit everybody. However, for those who enjoy it, there is more freedom and flexibility in the working day.
题目:
1. Which statement is NOT mentioned in Para 2?{A; B; C; D}
A. You may save money on fares and food.
B. There are fewer interruptions when you are working.
C. You can have a lot of time to have a good rest.
D. You can organize your time better.
2. Which statement is NOT TRUE according to Para 3?{A; B; C; D}
A. You spend more money on gas and electricity at home.
B. You need to invest in computers and communications equipment.
C. You may find it difficult to separate work from life.
D. You may find that you are working 18 hours a day at a high rate.
3. The sentence “You may find yourself working 18 hours a day at a lower rather than 8 hours more intensely” in Para 3 supports the idea that{A; B; C; D}.
A. you work 18 hours a day at a lower rate
B. you work 8 hours a day at a higher rate
C. you find that you can organize your time better
D. it is difficult to make a distinction between work and life
4. The word “invest” in Para 3 means “{A; B; C; D}”.
A. to bestow
B. to confer
C. to present
D. to spend (money) in
5. The subject matter of this passage is about{A; B; C; D}.
A. advantages of working at home
B. disadvantages of working at office
C. both the advantages and disadvantages of working at home
D. both advantages and disadvantages of working at office "
"题目: It is known to allthat exercises are good for health.
: 众所周知,运动对身体健康有利。
; 我们知道运动对身体好。
; 我们知道所有的运动都对健康都有好处。"
"题目:Genetically engineered foods are produced by taking genetic material from one species and transferring it to another.
: 基因食品是将一种类的基因和另一种类结合而成的。
; 基因工程食品是通过将一个物种的基因转移到另外一个物种中生成的。
; 基因工程食品是将一个品种基因变成成另一个品种实现的。"
"题目:He is a stranger to the company’s business.
: 他在公司是个刚来的陌生人。
; 他对于该公司的经营业务是陌生的。
; 他是公司的新手。"
"题目:He is down and out as if/though he lived a dog’s life.
: 他时运不济,被时代所抛弃,过着猪狗不如的生活。
; 他穷困潦倒,好像过着牛马一样的生活。
; 他倒霉了,生活不如意,好像过着狗样的生活。"
"题目:How are you doing these days?
: 这些天在干什么呢?
; 你近来怎样啊?
; 现在在做什么呢?"
"题目:I used to live in the countryside.
: 我习惯了住在乡下。
; 我过去住在乡下。
; 我曾经住在乡下。"
"题目:I was informed that the school would be closed for one day next week.
: 我知道学校下周一关闭。
; 我获悉学校下周将关闭一天。
; 我被通知说学校下周关闭一天。"
"题目:It is disappointing that the pop singers cancelled their trip to our town.
: 我们很失望因为流行歌手取消了到我们小镇的行程。
; 令人失望的是,这几位流行乐歌手取消了到我们小镇的行程。
; 几位失望的流行歌手取消了到我们小镇的旅行。"
"题目:John and his brother differ in personality even if their differences in age are not significant.
: 约翰和他兄弟性格差异是由于他们年纪相差不大造成的。
; 约翰和他的哥哥年纪相差不大,但个性却大相径庭。
; 约翰和他兄弟外表差异很大,尽管他们年龄相当。"
"题目:Not all Americans are interested in sports, of course.
: 当然不是所有美国人都喜欢体育运动。
; 当然,并非所有美国人都对体育运动感兴趣。
; 不是所有美国人都理所当然的喜欢运动。"
"题目:Promise me never to be late again.
: 向我保证下次不迟到。
; 诺言对我来说永远不晚。
; 答应我永远不再迟到。"
"题目:You might feel that you’re already a good driver, but there’s always room for improvement.
: 你也许感到自己已经很会开车了,但是,总有改进的余地。
; 你可能觉得自己是个好司机,但还需要改善房间。
; 你觉得自己开车很好,但还可以改进。"
回复

使用道具 举报