Open

付费内容 购买记录

隐藏答案
用户购买价格:2金币
本套试题答案购买后显示
购买本答案

【上面答案为下列试题答案,请核对试题后再购买】www.botiku.com零号电大
题目顺序是随机的,使用查找功能(Ctrl+F)进行搜索
"题目: He asked John ______ he could swim.
: that
;  if
; how"
"题目: He is worth ____________.
: trust
; trusted
; trusting"
"题目:John asked me _______ to visit his uncle's farm with him.
: how would I like
; if or not would I like
; whether I would like"
"题目:She _________ the children not to make any noise.
:  tell
; told
; said"
"题目:She is a ___________ woman.
: confident young
; young confident
; confident and young"
"题目:She said she __________ lost a pen.
: have
; has
; had"
"题目:There is only one thing that people can't _____________you, and that is your wisdom.
: take care of
; take away from
; take down"
"题目:We found him ___________ in the laboratory.
: work
;  working
; to work"
"题目:We must keep our classroom _____________.
: clean
; cleaned
; cleaning"
"题目:You'd better ________ to hospital at once.
: go
;  to
; going"

"二、阅读理解:选择题(每题10分)

Among the more colorful characters of Leadville's golden age were H.A.W. Tabor and his second wife, Elizabeth McCourt, better known as “Baby Doe”. Their history is fast becoming one of the legends of the Old West. Horace Austin Warner Tabor was a school teacher in Vermont. With his first wife and two children he left Vermont by covered wagon in 1855 to homestead in Kansas. Perhaps he did not find farming to his liking, or perhaps he was lured by rumors of fortunes to be made in Colorado mines. At any rate, a few years later he moved west to the small Colorado mining camp known as California Gulch, which he later renamed Leadville when he became its leading citizen. “Great deposits of lead are sure to be found here.” he said.

As it turned out, it was silver, not lead, that was to make Leadville's fortune and wealth. Tabor knew little about mining himself, so he opened a general store, which sold everything from boots to salt, flour, and tobacco.『It was his custom to “grubstake” prospective miners, in other words, to supply them with food and supplies, or “grub”, while they looked for ore, in return for which he would get a share in the mine if one was discovered. He did this for a number of years, but no one that he aided ever found anything of value.

Finally one day in the year 1878, so the story goes, two miners came in and asked for “grub”. Tabor had decided to quit supplying it because he had lost too much money that way. These were persistent, however, and Tabor was too busy to argue with them. “Oh help yourself. One more time won't make any difference,” He said and went on selling shoes and hats to other customers. The two miners took $17 worth of supplies, in return for which they gave Tabor a one-third interest in their findings. They picked a barren place on the mountain side and began to dig. After nine days they struck a rich vein of silver. Tabor bought the shares of the other two men, and so the mine belonged to him alone. This mine, known as the “Pittsburgh Mine,” made 1 300 000 for Tabor in return for his $17 investment.

Later Tabor bought the Matchless Mine on another barren hillside just outside the town for $117 000. This turned out to be even more fabulous than the Pittsburgh, yielding $35 000 worth of silver per day at one time. Leadville grew. Tabor became its first mayor, and later became lieutenant governor of the state.

操作提示:通过题干后的下拉框选择题目的正确答案。
1. Leadville got its name for the following reasons EXCEPT {A; B; C}.

A. because Tabor became its leading citizen

B. because great deposits of lead is expected to be found there

C. because it could bring good fortune to Tabor

2. The word “grubstake” in paragraph 2 means {A; B; C}.

A. to supply miners with food and supplies

B. to open a general store

C. to supply miners with food and supplies and in return get a share in the mine, if one was discovered

3. Tabor made his first fortune  {A; B; C}.

A. by supplying two prospective miners and getting in return a one-third interest in the findings

B. because he was persuaded by the two miners to quit supplying

C. by buying the shares of the other

4. The underlying reason for Tabor's life career is  {A; B; C}.

A. purely accidental

B. based on the analysis of miner's being very poor and their possibility of discovering profitable mining site

C. through the help from his second wife

5. If this passage is the first part of an article, who might be introduced in the following part? {A; B; C}

A. Tabor's life.

B. Tabor's second wife, Elizabeth McCourt.

C. Other colorful characters."
"二、阅读理解:正误判断(每题10分)

The Wichita Falls Police Department is trying to help curb crime in neighboring communities throughout the city. On Saturday Wichita Falls Police gave a free two-hour presentation to help locals keep their community crime free.

More than 20 people showed up at the Martin Luther King Center in east Wichita Falls to be part of the presentation.

Wichita Falls Police Officer Jeff Hughes said that they wanted to make sure the folks out there were aware they were doing everything to take away the opportunity from a bad guy.

Hughes reminded those in attendance that their homes outside presentation could be an open invitation to criminals. One of the biggest ways to prevent crime, according to Hughes is to use CPTED. Also known as Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design.

“The biggest site, that we are dealing with now, that we are endorsing fully, is Nextdoor and it's simply just nextdoor.com,”

The site is free and helps locals set up a Virtual Community that they can interact with from the comfort of their own home.

"With www.nextdoor.com it all happens in a web based program where if you send something out it gets to that group or that person instantly, they will get an alert on their phone or an email," said Hughes.

According to Hughes, he has already seen a positive impact locally from the site and hopes it can continue to expand in Wichita Falls.

操作提示:句子正确选择下拉选项框为“T”;句子错误选择下拉选项框为“F”。
1. The Wichita Falls Police Department is planning sterner measures to combat crime. {T; F}

2. According to Hughes, one of the biggest ways of crime prevention is through environmental design. {T; F}

3. The biggest site that police are approving fully is nextdoor.com. {T; F}

4. The purpose of nextdoor.com is to help locals set up a real community.  {T; F}

5. If you use the nextdoor.com site, you have to pay for it. {T; F}"

回复

使用道具 举报