• —Thanks for your help. ---谢谢你的帮忙。
—____________     ---我很荣幸。
  • My pleasure. B. Never mind.
  • Quite right. D. Don’t thank me.
  • —Hello, I’m Harry Potter.                      ---你好,我是哈里波特。
—Hello, my name is Charles Green, but ____________.---你好,我是查理格林,你可以叫我查理。
  • call my Charles B. call me at Charles
  • call me Charles D. call Charles me
  • —Paul, ____________?                       ---鲍,那边在说话的人是谁?
—Oh, that’s my father! And beside him, my mother. ---哦,那是我的爸爸,在他旁边的是我妈妈。
  • what is the person over there B. who’s talking over there
  • what are they doing D. which is that
  • —Hi, Tom, how’s everything with you? ---你好,汤姆,近来都好吗?
—____________, and how are you?   ---还不错,你呢?
  • Don’t mention it B. Hm, not too bad
  • Thanks D. Pretty fast
第二部分:阅读理解(共10小题;每小题3分,满分30分)
此部分共有2篇短文,每篇短文后有5个问题。请从每个问题后的A、B、C、D四个选项中选出正确选项。
6-10 CBDDD              11-15 DBDAC
Passage 1
The French Revolution broke out in 1789. At the time France was in a crisis. The government was badly run and people’s lives were miserable. King Louis XIV tried to control the national parliament and raise more taxes. But his effort failed. He ordered his troops to Versailles. The people thought that Louis intended to put down the Revolution by force. On July 14,1789, they stormed and took the Bastille, where political prisoners were kept. Ever since that day, July 14 has been the French National Day. Louis tried to flee the country in 1792 to get support from Austria and Prussia. However, he was caught and put in prison. In September 1792, the monarchy was abolished. In the same year, Louis was executed. A few months later his wife, Marie also had her head cut off. The Revolution of France had frightened the other kings of Europe. Armies from Austria and Prussia began to march against France. The French raised republican armies to defend the nation. The Revolution went through a period of terror. Thousands of people lost their lives. In the end, power passed to Napoleon Bonaparte. (190 words)
法国大革命于1789年爆发。当时法国正处在一片混乱中,政府腐败,人民生活凄惨。路易十六世企图控制议会并增加赋税,但最后失败了。他命令军队进入凡尔赛。人民都认为他企图用武力镇压革命。1789年7月14日,人民群众爆发了,攻占了关押政治犯的巴士底狱。从那天以后,7月14日就被定为法国的国庆日。1792年,路易十六企图逃离法国,并从奥地利和普鲁士获得支持,但他被捕了。1792年王室被废除,路易十六被处以死刑。几个月后,他的妻子,玛丽也被处以死刑。法国大革命令欧洲其它国家的国王感到害怕。奥地利和普鲁士的军队进入了法国。法国人民组织起了共和军来保卫祖国,革命陷入了一个艰苦阶段。成千上万的人牺牲了。最后,权力落入了拿破仑波拿巴手中。
  • What’s this passage about? 这篇文章主要讲了什么?
  • France. B. King Louis. C. The French Revolution. 法国大革命      D. Europe.
  • Which did not happen in 1789? 以下哪件事不是发生在1789年?
  • The French Revolution broke out.
  • The national economy was developing rapidly. 国家经济快速发展。
  • The government wasn’t well run.
  • King Louis XIV was in power.
  • Where were the political prisoners kept? 那些政治犯被关押在哪里?
  • In Versailles. B. In Austria. C. In Prussia.                       D. In Bastille. 巴士底狱
  • What does the underlined word “abolished” mean? 划了下划线的“abolished ”这个词是什么意思?
  • Put off. B. Established. C. United.                            D. Ended. 废除。
  • What was NOT the effect of the Revolution? 以下哪个不是法国大革命产生的效果?
  • July 14 has become the French National Day.
  • It brought some impact on the other European Kings.
  • Louis’s wife, Marie was killed.
  • The king tried to control the national parliament. 国王试图控制议会。
Passage 2
A foreigner’s first impression of the U.S. is likely to be that everyone is in a rush-often under pressure. City people appear always to be hurrying to get where they are going restlessly, seeking attention in a store, and elbowing others as they try to complete their errands (任务). Racing through daytime meals is part of the pace of life in this country.
一个外国人对于美国的第一印象很有可能是每个人都在压力下匆匆忙忙。城市里的人总是表现得匆匆忙忙不知疲倦的,为了尽快做完一件事情,他们会在店里拼命引起店员的注意或者用胳膊肘推搡别人。白天匆忙就餐也是这个国家生活节奏的一个部分。
Working time is considered precious. Others in public eating places are waiting for you to finish so that they too can be served and get back to work within the time allowed. Each person hurries to make room for the next person. If you don’t, waiters will hurry you.
工作时间被认为是很珍贵的。在一些公共饮食场所,其他人会等在你旁边等你吃完,这样大家都可以得到服务,并赶在规定的时间内回去工作。每个人都会尽快给下一个人腾出地方。如果你不这样,侍者会催促你的。
You also find drivers will be abrupt and that people will push past you. You will miss smiles, brief conversations, and small courtesies with strangers. Don’t take it personally. This is because people value time highly, and they resent someone else “wasting” it beyond a certain courtesy point.
你会发现司机也都很匆忙,人们从你身边匆匆走过。你会错过一些微笑,简短的交谈和一些与陌生人的小礼节。不要在意,这是因为他们非常珍惜时间,而且他们认为一旦太注重这些社交礼节就是浪费时间。
The view of time affects the importance we attach to patience. In the American system of values, patience is not a high priority. Many of us have what might be called “a short fuse.” We begin to move restlessly about if we feel time is slipping away without some returnbe this in terms of pleasure, work value, or rest. Those coming from lands where time is looked upon differently may find this matter of pace to be one of their most difficult adjustments in both business and daily life.
对时间的观念还会影响到我们对耐心的理解。在美国价值体系中,耐心并不是首要考虑的。我们中的很多人被称为“脾气火爆”。如果我们觉得时间在毫无意义的溜走,既没有娱乐价值,工作价值,也不在休息,那就会开始不停地徘徊。那些来自时间观念不同的国家的人发现他们在商业和日常生活中最困难的就是对时间节奏的适应。
Many newcomers to the States will miss the opening courtesy of a business call, for example, they will miss the ritual socializing that goes with a welcoming cup of tea or coffee they may be traditional in their own country. They may miss leisurely business chats in a café or coffeehouse. Normally, Americans do not assess their visitors in such relaxed surroundings over prolonged small talks. We seek out evidence of past performance rather than evaluate a business colleague through social courtesies. Since we generally assess and probe professionally rather than socially, we start talking business very quickly. (348 words)
许多刚到美国来的人都会想念他们在商业会谈中一些开场礼节。举个例子,他们会想念欢迎你到来而泡的一杯茶或咖啡这样的社交礼仪,这在他们国家是常规礼仪。他们会想念在咖啡屋悠闲的会谈。而通常,美国人不会与来访者在这么悠闲的环境中进行一些冗长的小会谈。对于同事,我们总是看他过去的表现而不是与他的社交礼仪。因为我们一般都是更注重专业性的,而不是社交性的,因此我们总是很快进入正题。
  • Which of the following statements is wrong? __________ 以下哪项陈述是错误的?
  • Americans seem to be always under pressure.
  • Americans attach less importance to patience.
  • Americans don’t care much about ritual socializing.
  • Americans are impolite to their business colleagues. 美国人对他们的同事不礼貌。
  • In the fourth paragraph, “a high priority” means __________.第四段中的“a high priority”是什么意思?
  • a less important thing B. a first concern 要首要考虑的。
  • a good business D. an attractive gift
  • Americans evaluate a business colleague __________.美国人评价他们的同事是根据__________。
  • through social courtesy B. through prolonged business talks
  • by establishing business relations D. by learning about their past performance他们过去的表现。
  • This passage mainly talks about __________. 本文主要讲了___________。
  • how Americans treasure their time 美国人是怎样珍惜时间的。
  • how busy Americans are every day
  • how Americans do business with foreigners
  • what American way of life is like
  • We can infer from the passage that the author’s tone in writing is ___________.
从本文我们可以看出作者写作的口吻是___________。
  • critical B. ironical C. appreciative欣赏的。       D. objective
第三部分:词汇与结构(共5小题;每小题3分,满分15分)
此部分共有5个未完成的句子,针对每个句子中未完成的部分有4个选项,请从ABCD四个选项中选出正确选项。
16-20 BAABC            
  • Professor Smith promised to look ______ my paper, that is, to read it carefully before the defense.
史密斯教授已经答应帮我看一下我的论文,这就是说要在答辩前在仔细看一下。
  • after B. over C. on                           D. into
  • Our house is about a mile from the railway station and there are not many houses ______.
我们家离火车站大概一英里左右,而且中间房子不多。
  • in between B. far apart C. among them              D. from each other
  • As the bus came round the corner, it ran ______ a big tree by the roadside.
汽车开到转角时撞到了路边的一棵大树。
  • into B. on C. over                         D. up
  • When Lily came home at 5 p.m. yesterday, her mother ______ dinner in the kitchen.
莉莉昨天五点钟回家时,她妈妈正在厨房里做晚饭。
  • cooked B. was cooking C. cooks                       D. has cooked
  • Did you notice the guy ______ head looked like a big potato?
你注意到那个头看上去像个大土豆得家伙吗?
  • who B. which C. whose                      D. whom
第四部分:完形填空(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
以下短文中共包含10个未完成的句子,针对每给句子中空缺部分有4个选项,请从ABCD 四个选项中选出正确选项。
21-25 BBCCD            26-30 BABDA
There were once three sons of a wealthy businessman. 21 they met, the two eldest, who were twins, 22 to quarrel about which of them should be his father’s heir(继承人). The youngest, who was not 23 ambitious (野心勃勃的), took no part in their argument. As soon as they left home, the father arranged for an adequate income to be provided for 24 of them, but insisted that apart from this they were to be financially self-supporting. The 25 twin, who had the advantage of good looks and a striking personality, decided that he would take up the stage 26 a career. He 27 a small repertory company, acted in minor parts, was always unpunctual (不准时)at rehearsals and was accordingly 28 with his fellow-actors. He earned little and so had to live mainly on his allowance. He occasionally thought of 29 his profession, but always put off 30 a decision, and he became increasingly bored and disillusioned.
从前有个富商,他有三个儿子。无论他们合适遇到,两个大的,也就是一对双胞胎,都要为谁是他们父亲的继承人而争吵。而最小的一个,没有丝毫的野心,从不加入他们的争吵中。就在他们要出去找工作时,他们的父亲为他们每个人提供了一笔足够的收入,但除此以外,必须经济独立。双胞胎中的老大,因为相貌出众且个性鲜明,决定当演员。他加入了一个小型的戏剧公司,担任了一些小角色,但他排练总时不准时,同事们因此都不喜欢他。他挣的钱很少,所以主要靠他父亲给他的钱生活。他偶尔会想要换个工作,但总是下不了决心,因此变得越来越烦躁,越来越迷茫。
  • A. whatever B. whenever C. wherever                   D. however
  • A. are used B. used C. using                       D. are using
  • A. at least B. at most C. in the least                D. in the most
  • A. every B. all C. each                         D. none
  • A. first B. older C. younger                    D. elder
  • A. is      B. as                            C. be                            D. /
  • A. joined B. attended                    C. went                        D. joined in
  • A. popular B. unpopular                 C. welcome                   D. unwelcome
  • A. living B. turning                     C. ending                      D. changing
  • A. making B. make                        C. decide                      D. deciding
第五部分:英翻汉(满分15分)
请把下列3句英文翻译成中文。
  • Tom’s father has taught English here since he graduated from Peking University.
  • Please give this book to whoever comes first.
  • Though it was late, they kept on working.
  • 汤姆的父亲从北京大学毕业后就一直在这里教英语。
  • 请把这本书给最先来的人。
  • 尽管已经很晚了,他们还在继续工作。
第六部分:写作(满分15分)
要求在30分钟内,根据下面所给的题目和中文提纲用英语写出一篇不少于80词的短文。
Sports
1.你喜欢什么运动。
2.你如何喜欢上这种运动。
3.运动对你有什么益处(工作、学习和生活)。
Sports
Just as lots of teenagers take to pop music, I love basketball. It’s part of my life. I began to play basketball in my childhood. I still remember the good old days when I played with my classmates after school. Later on, as I grew up, almost everything changed, but this sport-playing basketball remained and my love of it grew even stronger.
I love this sport because it brings joys and health to my life. When I got tired from office work, I went to the sports ground and felt refreshed. If there were worries and cares from daily life. I went to the sports ground. There everything went away except basketball. It is basketball that keeps me in good shape and mood.
就像很多年轻人喜欢流行音乐一样,我喜欢篮球。这是我生活的一部分。我从孩提时代开始就打篮球了。我至今仍记得那些放学后和同学一起打球的旧日好时光。后来,当我慢慢长大,几乎所有的事情都改变了,除了篮球这项运动,它仍然是我的所爱,而且我对它的爱与日俱增。
我喜欢这项运动是因为它给我的生活带来欢乐和健康。当我厌倦了办公室工作,我来到运动场并感到精力很快恢复了。如果日常生活给我带来了烦恼和顾虑,我来到运动场。在那里,除了篮球,所有的一切都离我远去。是篮球让我保持了好心情和好体型。
回复

使用道具 举报