2012年12月大学英语B备考资料(2)
一、交际英语
1、-- How are you today?
--___________, thank you.
  A:Fine
  B:Good
  C:Nice
  D:Great
2、--Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to the post office?
-- _____________.
  A:You can't miss it
  B:I don't know
  C:No, I can't
  D:Sorry, but I am a stranger here myself
3、- _______
- You too!
  A:Merry Christmas!                                       
  B:What a beautiful day!
  C:Help yourself!                                                
  D:It's very kind of you!
4、-- Congratulations! You won the first prize in today's speech contest.
-- ________
  A:Yes, I beat the others.
  B:No, no, I didn't do it well.
  C:Thank you.
  D:It's a pleasure.
5、- Do you mind my smoking here?
- _______
  A:No, thanks.
  B:Yes, I do.
  C:Yes. I'd rather not.
  D:Good idea.

二、阅读理解
1、     After retiring from 30 years of teaching, Ethell Pepper could easily have decided to sit back and relax and enjoy a peaceful retirement. But that kind of life is not for Ethell Pepper. "I just wanted to do something different. If you are going to participate in life, do it. Don't just sit down and look out of the window." She says. At 68, she decided to become one of the pioneer participants in a program at the University of California. The program offers campus housing and classes to people over sixty. She enrolled in a class called Human Relationships and a Diverse Society. "I taught my minority students in my English and drama classes in high school for 20 years. But in this course, I found out a lot about other cultures that I didn't know then. One of the more important lessons that I'm learning is to perceive, not to judge." Older adults can add to the educational resources of university by bringing with them a lot of valuable experience. Their presence on campus helps break some long believes on aging. Young students may have fears of growing older. But that kind of fear can be reduced as they see that older people can be active, healthy, and continue to contribute to society. The younger students can begin to see aging as a natural part of living.
(1)、Ethell entered university when she was 68.
  A:T
  B:F
(2)、Ethell has been teaching minority students for 20 years.
(3)、Ethell enjoyed staying with young people.
(4)、Elderly people bring a great deal of useful experience to the university.
(5)、Ethell is learning how to teach minority students.
2、
      Shyness is the cause of much unhappiness for a great many people. Shy people are anxious and self-conscious; that is, they are excessively concerned with their own appearance and actions. Worrisome thoughts are constantly occurring in their minds: what kind of impression am I making? Do they like me? Do I sound stupid? Am I wearing unattractive clothes?
      It is obvious that such uncomfortable feelings must negatively affect people. A person's conception of himself or herself is reflected in the way he or she behaves, and the way a person behaves affects other people's reactions. In general, the way people think about themselves has a profound effect on all areas of their lives.
      Shy people, having low self-esteem, are likely to be passive and easily influenced by others. They need reassurance that they are doing "the right thing." Shy people are very sensitive to criticism; they feel it confirms their feelings of inferiority. They also find it difficult to be pleased by compliment with a statement like this one, "You're just saying that to make me feel good. I know it's not true." It is clear that while self-awareness is a healthy quality, overdoing it is harmful.
      Can shyness be completely eliminated, or at least reduced? Fortunately, people can overcome shyness with determined and patient efforts in building self-confidence. Since shyness goes hand in hand with a lack of self-esteem, it is important for people to accept their weaknesses as well as their strengths.
    Each one of us is a unique, worthwhile individual, interested in our own personal ways. The better we understand ourselves, the easier it becomes to live up to our full potential. Let's not allow shyness to block our chances for a rich and fulfilling life.
(1)、 What does the author try to prove by citing "what kind of impression am I making?" (Para. 1)__________
  A:Shy people benefit from their caring about their appearance.
  B:People's shyness made them care too much about their appearance and actions.
  C:It's natural that shy people don't believe other's compliments.
  D:Shy people think they are different from others.
(2)、According to the writer, self-awareness is __________.
  A:a good quality
  B:the cause of unhappiness
  C:harmful to people
  D:a weak point of shy people
(3)、That shy people react to a compliment in such a way is ___________.
  A:good
  B:unreal
  C:very reasonable
  D:harmful
(4)、Which of the following statements is true, according to the passage? _________
  A:Shyness helps us to develop our potential
  B:Shyness enables us to understand ourselves better
  C:Shyness can block our chances for a rich life
  D:Shyness has nothing to do with lack of self-esteem
(5)、It can be inferred from the passage that shy people ________.
  A:should find more of their weakness
  B:should understand themselves in the right way
  C:had better ignore their weakness
  D:can get rid of their shyness while maintaining low self-esteem

三、词汇与语法
1、We are next-door _______.
  A:neighborhoods
  B:neighbor     
  C:neighborhood
  D:neighbors
2、In order to _______ your goals, you must work hard.
  A:make                        
  B:achieve               
  C:require                        
  D:develop
3、I don't know why she avoids ______ her opinion on the subject.
  A:to give
  B:to be given
  C:giving
  D:being given
4、I have been looking forward to ____ from my parents.
  A:hear            
  B:being heard  
  C:be heard
  D:hearing
5、        Mike is better than Peter ____ swimming.
  A:for   
  B:at   
  C:on   
  D:in

四、完型填空
Fire can help people in many ways. Fire can heat water,   1   your house, give light and cook food. But fire can burn things too. Nobody knows   2   people began to use fire. One story from Australia tells about a man a very long time ago. He went up to the sun by a rope and brought fire down.
  Today people know how to   3   a fire with matches. Children sometimes like to play with them. But matches can be very dangerous.
  Fire kills people every year. So you must be careful about matches. You should also learn to   4   fires. Fires need oxygen. Without oxygen they die. There is oxygen in the air. Cover a fire with water, sand, or in an emergency, with your coat or a blanket. This keeps the air   5   a fire and kills it.
     Be careful with fire, and it will help you. Be careless with fire, and it might hurt you.
(1)、
  B:warm
  C:how
  D:put out
  E:from
(2)、
(3)、
(4)、
(5)、

五、英译汉
(1)、Various substances differ widely in their magnetic(磁性的) characteristics.
(2)、He prefers coffee to tea.
(3)、He was very happy to hear from his old friend.
(4)、The cause of the fire was carelessness.

六、写作
Instructions:建议你在30分钟内,根据下面所给的题目和提纲用英语写出一篇不少于80词的短文。
1.介绍你的一位英语老师;
2.说明他(她)的主要教学方法以及你的看法。
My Teacher of English
回复

使用道具 举报

ouyang35296
谢谢,很想要一份,
回复

使用道具 举报