C:It's well known.
  D:Go down this street and turn left.
3、--What does your father do?
-- ___________.
  A:He is cleaning the street
  B:He is forty
  C:He is a farmer
  D:He is all right
4、- Is it possible for you to work late tonight?   
- _______
  A:I like it.
  B:I'll do that.        
  C:I'd love to.
  D:I think so.
5、-- May I use your bike for a moment?
-- ________
  A:It's well.
  B:It doesn't matter.
  C:By all means.
  D:I have no idea.

二、阅读理解
1、
My Aunt Edith was a widow of 50, working as a secretary, when doctors discovered what was then thought to be a very serious heart disease.
Aunt Edith didn't accept defeat easily. She began studying medical reports in the library and found an article in a magazine about a well-known heart surgeon, Dr. Michael DeBakey, of Houston, Texas. He had saved the life of someone with the same disease. The article said his fees were very high; Aunt Edith couldn't possibly pay them. But could he tell her of someone whose fees she could pay?
So Aunt Edith wrote to him. She simply listed her reasons for wanting to live: her three children, who would be on their own in three or four more years; her little-girl dream of traveling and seeing the world. There wasn't a word of self-pity-only warmth and humor and the joy of living. She mailed the letter, not really expecting an answer.
A few days later, my doorbell rang. Aunt Edith didn't wait to come in; she stood in the hall and read aloud:
             Your beautiful letter moved me very deeply. If you can come to Houston, there will be no charge for either the hospital or the operation.
                                                     Signed :Michael DeBakey
(1)、Aunt Edith stopped working as a secretary when she knew she had a very serious heart disease.
  A:T
  B:F
(2)、From the story we can see Aunt Edith accepted defeat easily.
(3)、In Aunt Edith's letter to the doctor, she showed she was warm, humorous and enjoying living.
(4)、When Aunt Edith mailed her letter, she didn't expect the doctor would give her a reply.
(5)、Michael DeBakey mainly told Aunt Edith in the letter that her disease was so serious that he couldn't cure her.
2、      
       There are three kinds of goals: short-term, medium-range and long-term goals.
       Short-term goals are those that usually deal with current activities, which we can apply on a daily basis. Such goals can be achieved in a week or less, or two weeks, or possibly, months. It should be remembered that just as a building is no stronger than its foundation, long-term goals cannot amount to very munch without the achievement of solid short-term goals. Upon completing our short-term goals, we should date the occasion and then add new short-term goals that will build on those that have been completed.
      The intermediate goals build on the foundation of the short-term goals. They might deal with just one term of school or the entire school year, or they could even extend for several years. Any time you move a step at a time, you should never allow yourself to become discouraged or overwhelmed. As you complete each step, you will enforce the belief in your ability to grow and succeed. And as your list of completion dates grow, your motivation and desire will increase.
      Long-term goals may be related to our dreams of the future. They might cover five years or more. Life is not a static thing. We should never allow a long-term goal to limit us or our course of action.
(1)、Our long-term goals mean a lot _______.
  A:if we cannot reach solid short-term goals
  B:if we complete the short-term goals
  C:if we have dreams of the future
  D:if we put forward some plans
(2)、New short-term goals are built upon______.
  A:a daily basis
  B:your achievement in a week
  C:current activities
  D:the goals that have been completed
(3)、When we complete each step of our goals, ________.
  A:we will win final success
  B: we are overwhelmed
  C:we will build up our confidence to achieve success
  D:we should have strong desire for setting new goals
(4)、What is the main idea of this passage? _______
  A:Life is a dynamic thing.
  B:We should set up long-term goals.
  C:Different kinds of goals in life.
  D:The limitation of long-term goals.
(5)、Which of the following statements is wrong according to the passage? _______
  A:The long-term goals cannot amount to very munch without achieving short-term goals.
  B:The intermediate goals build on the foundation of the short-term goals.
  C:Life is a static thing, thus never allowing a long-term goal to limit us.
  D:We should often add new short-term goals to what have been completed.
三、词汇与语法
1、Never get off the bus ______it has stopped.
  A:if
  B:as soon as
  C:until
  D:or
2、Put it down, Richard. You mustn't read ______letter.
  A:anyone's else's
  B:anyone's else
  C:anyone else's
  D:anyone else
3、Three-fourths of the homework ______today.         
  A:has finished
  B:has been finished
  C:have finished
  D:have been finished
4、If she wants to stay thin, she must make a _____ in her diet.
  A:change         
  B:turn
  C:run               
  D:go
5、- It's a good idea. But who's going to_________ the plan?
- I think John and Peter will.
  A:carry out   
  B:get through   
  C:take in  
  D:set aside

四、完型填空
Fire can help people in many ways. Fire can heat water,   1   your house, give light and cook food. But fire can burn things too. Nobody knows   2   people began to use fire. One story from Australia tells about a man a very long time ago. He went up to the sun by a rope and brought fire down.
  Today people know how to   3   a fire with matches. Children sometimes like to play with them. But matches can be very dangerous.
  Fire kills people every year. So you must be careful about matches. You should also learn to   4   fires. Fires need oxygen. Without oxygen they die. There is oxygen in the air. Cover a fire with water, sand, or in an emergency, with your coat or a blanket. This keeps the air   5   a fire and kills it.
     Be careful with fire, and it will help you. Be careless with fire, and it might hurt you.
(1)、
  A:make
  B:warm
  C:how
  D:put out
  E:from
(2)、
(3)、
(4)、
(5)、

五、英译汉
(1)、Fred was such a hardworking student that he soon came out first in the class.
(2)、I've never heard such good music in a computer game.
(3)、Yeah, but they play the same songs over and over again.
(4)、He was too tired to go on reading.

六、写作
Instructions:建议你在30分钟内,根据下面所给的题目和提纲用英语写出一篇不少于80词的短文。
My View of the Country Life and Town Life
内容需包括以下方面:
1.有一种观点认为:城市生活比乡村生活好;
2.你对这种观点的看法;
3.你的结论。
回复

使用道具 举报

yqb133
不错,谢谢楼主